FABRICATE Conference is coming up and the schedule if finalised. Here are all the keynotes, chair and speaker. I excited to say I think its going to be a great event. If you’re in London in April please do try and make it.
Keynotes Mark Burry, Neri Oxman, Matthias Kohler, Philip Beesley
Chairs Hanif Kara, Mette Ramsgard Thomsen, Michael Stacey, Robert Aish
* Tim Lucas (Price and Myers)
* Asbjørn Søndergaard & Per Dombernowsky (Aarhus School of Architecture)
* Al Fisher & Benjamin S. Koren (Buro Happold & 1:One Computational Geometry)
* Marco Verde, MarkDavid Hosale & Jelle Feringa (TU Delft)
* Achim Menges, Simon Schleicher & Moritz Fleischmann (Institute for Computational Design, Stuttgart University)
* Skylar Tibbits (MIT)
* Hanno Stehling (Design to Production)
* Ho-Yin Ng (AL_A)
* Marta Malé-Alemany (AA – IaaC)
* Wes McGee (Taubman College)
* Cristiano Ceccato (Zaha Hadid Architects)
* Xavier De Kestelier (Foster + Partners)
* Nat Chard (University of Manitoba)
* Phil Ayres (CITA)
* Enric Ruiz Geli (Cloud9)
* Chiara Tuffanelli (Arup)
FABRICATE is an International Peer Reviewed Conference with supporting publication and exhibition to be held at The Bartlett School of Architecture in London from 15-16 April 2011. Discussing the progressive integration of digital design with manufacturing processes, FABRICATE will bring together pioneers in design and making within architecture, construction, engineering, manufacturing, materials technology and computation. Discussion on key themes will include: how digital fabrication technologies are enabling new creative and construction opportunities, the difficult gap that exists between digital modeling and its realization, material performance and manipulation, off-site and on-site construction, interdisciplinary education, economic and sustainable contexts.
FABRICATE has emerged as the first in a series of focused events from the highly successful ‘Digital Architecture London’ Conference and ‘Digital Hinterlands’ Exhibition in September 2009. Organised by The Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London, FABRICATE frames discussion around the presentation of built or partially built works by individuals/collaborators in research, practice and industry selected through our Call for Works (Now Closed). From more than 240 submissions our international panel of experts have independently blind reviewed and selected an innovative range of projects to feature in FABRICATE’s conference, exhibition and publication.
How can people feel ownership and agency within a space, creating a transformative environment that responds to their paths of motion and gestures? Starting from the questions, the aim of Orbi...