Teaching roles at IALab
The Bartlett School of Architecture isÂ looking to fillÂ teaching rolesÂ within theÂ Interactive Architecture Lab – please get in touch for more details
The Interactive Architecture Lab is an anti-disciplinary studio interested in the Behaviour and Interaction of Things, Environments and their Inhabitants. We design, build and experiment with Responsive Environments, Robotics and Kinetic Structures, Augmented and Multi-Sensory Interfaces, Wearable Computing and Prosthetics, the Internet of Things, Performance and Choreography. We are growing and focusing our interests particularly into augmented & virtual reality worlds and the future of dance & performance. We are looking to fill teaching roles inÂ technical, theoretical and design aspectsÂ of our 12 month masters programme, from October 2016.
The Bartlett UCL stands for provocative ideas, boundary-pushing research and a high-achieving, award winning academic body of staff and students. The School sits within UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment consisting of equally renowned schools, labs and institutions that comprise the largest faculty of its kind in the UK. Individually, they lead their fields, in partnership, they develop new responses to pressing world issues. As a whole, they represent a world-leading, multidisciplinary faculty, united by the radical spirit of UCL.Â For further information about the School, please visit www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/architecture/
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- A higher degree in design, art, performance, engineering or architecture/architecture-related disciplines
- Excellent knowledge of design and technology strategies
- The ability to communicate effectively to the standard expected in an academic institution
- Professional experience in related fields
Non-essential but desirable skills
- Experience in teaching at a leading School of Design, Art, Performance, Engineering, Architecture of equivalent status to the Bartlett
- Physical Computing – Coding such as Java, Processing, C++, Cinder, openFrameworks, C##, Python, Grasshopper, MaxMSP, Web and Electronics, circuit design, and the use of microcontrollers such as Arduino.
- Virtual Reality — Unity, Unreal Engine, VVVV
- Motion Graphics — Cinema 4D, After EffectsÂ Maya or 3ds Max
- Documentation — Film Making, Lidar Scanning, Photography, Social Media
- Contemporary performance and theatre making processes
- Physical Prototyping – Competency with digital tools including 3D Printing, laser and waterjet cutting, CNC routing, milling and lathe. Experience with industrial fabrication processes such as injection molding, and robotic arm manipulation.
How To Apply?
Please email your CV and portfolio as a PDF or web links to email@example.com
Deadline 5th September 2016
Any questions contact Lab Director Ruairi Glynn firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit a Comment