Lab Field Trip 2015
The IALab this year visited China beginning in the northern sub-zero temperatures of Beijing and ending almost a month later in the tropical warmth of Hong Kong. On our travels the Lab visited many cities and historical sites as well witnessing the industrial might of Chinas manufacturing regions.
A couple of highlights Included
- Our residency at Xuzhou’s Architecture School where we ran an interactive design course in Arduino for 90 local students and built 14 installation prototypes for an exhibition at the University.
- We visited the staggering 21,196 km long Great Wall and made a trip to the ancient capital city of Xi’an where the Terracotta Warriors protect the spirit of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.
- We Visited Electronics Manufacturers & Technology companies in Shenzhen and Dongguan including Seeed Studio and the Industrial Giant Molex
- Lots of architecture tours – especially interesting was Shanghai’s contrasting colonial and contemporary architecture.
- Lots of great food from the different regions.Â And not forgetting lots of dancing and singing Karaoke (Thanks Ren Xiang).
Submit a Comment